|Publisher(s):||Deep Silver (UK)|
Buka Entertainment (Russia)
Enlight Software (US)
QV Software (AU)
Valve Corporation (Steam)
|Release Date(s):||17 November 2006 (France, Canada, Belgium, and the French-speaking part of Switzerland)|
22 December 2006 (Russia)
23 February 2007 (Germany)
9 March 2007 (the rest of Europe)
23 March 2007 (North America)
14 June 2007 (Steam)
|Credits||Images||[No Official Website]|
|TrackMania Nations ESWC||TrackMania United Forever|
TrackMania United is a compliation of all the previous TrackMania games, featuring seven environments: Desert, Rally, Snow, Island, Coast, Bay and Stadium. The three modes featured in the solo campaign are Race, Puzzle and Platform.
Playing in the campaign earns players coppers which can be used to buy new cars, new tracks, replays and videos. Coppers can also be used to buy entry into tournaments with the winner taking away the jackpot, making the use of them more important than before. Players will start the game with 50 coppers, and they can earn extra coppers by playing through the game in solo mode and online.
The track editor has also returned with more blocks to use for Stadium, including dirt roads, indoor sections, and pools, and for the first time on that environment, you can respawn at the checkpoints. Another new road block is the engine cut-off. Upon driving over this block, the car's engine will be cut-off until it reaches the next checkpoint or respawns at the previous one. This block is only present in the Desert, Rally, Snow, and Stadium environments.
The game has a new peer-to-peer networking system that makes it easier to share content, as well as a ranking system. Another new feature is ManiaZones which group players by geographical location. There is also ManiaLink in which each player has their own personal webpage which displays their stats and creations.
The game features ManiaCode as an in-game download system, as well as ManiaLink, which is used to give players their own personal webpages.
- TrackMania United and United Forever are tied for having the most environments of any game in the series. TrackMania: Build to Race comes in second with six environments.
- The music used in this game, except for the menu music, was later used in TrackMania United Forever and Nations Forever. TrackMania DS has the themes slightly remixed, including the menu music.
- This is the first of several things:
- The first time the Desert, Rally, and Snow environments are available in the night mood.
- The first time the Stadium environment is available outside the day mood.
- The first time you can respawn at checkpoints in the Stadium environment.
- In the solo campaign, there are no Rally or Coast tracks in Platform and Puzzle mode and no Snow tracks in Platform mode.
| Virtual Skipper:|