- “Fight for the first place.”
The game features one new environment: Stadium, which is only available in Day mood. There are 100 tracks in the solo campaign, all on Race mode. Players are also able to play as cars painted in their nations colors for the first time. However, you cannot respawn at checkpoints. Also, P2P upload is disabled, so you cannot share and import custom cars and avatars.
The track editor returns as well as lot of features from Sunrise, including advertisement panels in which sponsors stream ads through the internet. One new feature is the leaderboard which ranks players based on points and best times. The homepage shows the top five players.
Another feature is the ladder system where players can represent the country of their choice to promote competition.
- The game was originally developed specifically for the Electronic Sports World Cup and made free so players could train for the event.
- This is the first game in the series to feature only one environment as well as the first to be available for free.
- The three themes that play in Nations, Start off, Pulp and Tictac, would later be remixed for TrackMania United, TrackMania United Forever and TrackMania Nations Forever. Additionally, a remix of the menu music, called Doo, would play in the track, "E05-Endurance" in TrackMania Nations Forever. A second remix of Pulp was used in TrackMania DS.
- Almost one million players registered for the game within weeks from its launch.
- In March 2007, the game has set a record with 132 players on the same track. It was later broken by TrackMania Nations Forever with 250 players.
- This is the last game in the series until TrackMania 2: Canyon to introduce a new environment, as well as the last to include only one mood.
| Virtual Skipper:|