|TrackMania: Build to Race|
|Publisher(s):||Focus Home Interactive|
|Release Date(s):||EU: 23 September 2010|
NA: 24 March 2011
|TrackMania DS||TrackMania Turbo|
TrackMania: Build to Race (also known as TrackMania Wii) is one of the games in the TrackMania series.
The gameplay is similar to that of other TrackMania games. There is a Solo campaign where you can race on over 200 tracks and a track editor where you can build your own tracks. The game includes the Race, Puzzle and Platform modes and six of the seven classic environments: Stadium, Island, Desert, Snow, Rally and Coast. Bay was not included due to its complex scenery.
The game was first announced on 30 June 2009 by jeuxvideo.com in an interview with a developer. It was originally planned to be released on 20 July 2010, but on 19 July 2010, Michael Mota of Dreamcatcher Interactive announced that the game will be delayed. A new date was published on the UK Nintendo website as 23 September 2010.
- This is the first, and so far, only game in the TrackMania series to be available for the Nintendo Wii, and the second one to be available on console, after TrackMania DS. It is also the first game where the Island and Coast environments are not available in Night mood.
- The main menu shows the trailer for TrackMania United Forever with the scenes of the Bay environment cut out, since it was not included in the game.
- TrackMania: Build to Race shares a lot of its music from previous games.
- One of the themes from Rally is a remix of the music from the trailer of TrackMania Nations Forever.
- The other theme for Rally, which is shared with Desert, comes from the trailer for TrackMania DS.
- This is also the first time a theme is shared between two environments.
- The other Desert theme sounds like an instrumental version of "Do You Like Waffles?" by Parry Gripp.
- One of the Island themes comes from the trailer for this game.
- One of Stadium's themes is from the trailer for TrackMania United Forever.
- The music for this game would later be used in TrackMania Turbo.
- Dancing in the Halls of Love, one of the themes for the Coast environment, has lyrics. This is the first time since TrackMania Sunrise for a TrackMania theme to have lyrics.
- This game has the second most environments out of all the games in the series. TrackMania United and United Forever are tied for first.
- This is the last game in the TrackMania series to feature the Desert and Rally environments.
| Virtual Skipper:|